How can you figure out a theme in a short story? Describe the process.
How I figure a theme in a short story is by looking at the text and the resolution of the story. Mostly, the message is at the endling and by looking at the last message and the story I find the real message the author is trying tell us. First of all, I read the short story. Second, I discover what the whole story is trying to tell us. Then I connect it due to what humanity tend to do. Then concluding everything I make it in to a theme/theme statement. Through themes/theme statements I get to understand the story better. In addition, if I feel really connected I like to write it on paper or write it on my wall. These theme/theme statements helps us to realize how humanity act and gives us lessons of life.
What is the theme of "The Utterly Perfect Murder" and how does this theme relate to your own life? I think the theme of this story is friendship. The author is trying to tell us that Doug didn't really want to kill Raulph, he was just wondering how Raulph was doing. This shows how friendship is really important to life. I really had hard times with friendship and I would always hear from my mom that I am the one who has to be humble. It is me who have to forgive them whenever there is a conflict between me and a friend. Grown up a little bit I really got to know how friendship is really complicated and important to keep. Especially girls are very complicated in friendship and being an girl I had alot of conflicts. I think this author is trying to tell us keep our friendships because later on you will never know that friend was really important. There is an saying that when you don't want to do something, you can't hide from it so just do your best on it. I think it is the same thing for friendship. When you fight with someone, you will have to deal with it anyway so just do your best on it.
How is a moral of story different from a theme?
Moral is more of a life lesson and theme is the main idea the story surrounds. Moral is what readers learn after reading the book. That is why people say when you read alot of books, you get wiser. It is through the moral that people learn and write wonderful essays with. I think the main reason people tend to read books is because they like reading or they want to gain wisdom through the moral. Getting to know more morals it is helpful in social life too. You get to use you life lessons and impress people around you. Theme is more like an idea. An idea that leads the story and the topic of the story. I think themes helps us understand the whole story and it is an tool to lead us to make an theme statement.
Read John 3:16. Is this a theme statement for God's story? How does this relate to the truth you might find in literature. As an Christian, John 3:16 is like the main theme. In this verse it shows how much God loves us and the way to get eternal life with God. I think the love of God is the main point of everything in God's story. I think throughout the whole Bible, God has been trying to tell us he loves us so much that it is unmeasurable. Through that love he has given us his only son to give us eternal life. Whenever I read books of Christian authors, they tend to send that message too to the readers. Even non believers such as CS Louis, he wasn't Christian but had a imagery of the sacrafice Jesus did and the ressurection Jesus had. Many books around us has images of God in the books. Until now I have found alot of connections with God in different books. I have realized that many authors send the wonderful message of God by writing books.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment