Joey asks Lizabeth to go somewhere and Lizabeth asks Joey does he want to go. This reminded of me and my brothers always wanting to go somewhere and discussing where each person wants to go. Then we will end up arguing and not going anywhere. Thinking about it now it is another time of my life that I was with my brothers. After Joey says yes, Lizabeth and other kids decide to go over to Ms.Lotties. I could just imagine little kids sneaking to go in which let me remember me and my friends went to this tennis court and two of our guyfriends were there. We didn't want them to know so we were sneaking around the whole tennis court just like those kids in Marigolds.
When the children decide to destroy the marigolds, Elizabeth mentioned about how they were afraid to destroy the flowers. This reminded me being scared of every single thing when I was young. I was even scared of the esclator because I thought something will happen to me and I would always count 1,2,3 before I ride it. Ofcourse now,I never count to three before I do anything. Destroying all these marigolds, Ms.Lottie got furious and started chasing the kids. This reminded of me and my little friends doing something that would get a old stranger really mad and run away or use english to pretend not to understand.
Lizabeth being the most grown up girl felt guilty after doing all that just like me and everybody regreting after doing something wrong. Whenever I lie to my mom and friends or bully someone or even just hurt someone else I feel really bad and regret of doing those things just like Lizabeth and that mood goes for a long time. Lizabeth in bed realizes her parents talking through the thin wall. Well for me I always liked to go to my parent's room and sleep. They would always come home reallly late and in the middle of sleeping I would hear my parents talking about something. Sometimes they will fight and my mom will end up crying and I will also end up crying with her but pretending I'm having a bad dream.
My family has difficulties in financial ways so my parents talks about money alot and most of the conversation I hear from my parents are about money. Just like Lizabeth's father and mother talking about jobs and financial problems. Looking at this part of Marigolds I thought to myself maybe the author is trying tell us how parents always have this pressure of money and their kids. Lizabeth listening to her father cry, she felt very awkward because she thought everything was flipped around. She always thought her father was the strong one but then since her father started sobbing real hard she couldn't get use to it. Well for me it was my mom that I thought was very strong but she wasn't and her sobbing was all because of me. Watching her cry I felt really bad because it was because of me doing something she didn't want me to do.
When Lizabeth was alone in the room awake she didn't want to be awake alone so she woke up Joey. This reminded me of my young days when I was afraid to go to dark places and sleep in the dark. Whenever I was scared I would go wake up my brother and end up sleeping with him. Usually I liked to go to my dad but there were times when the doors where locked so I went to my brothers instead. After waking up Joey, Lizabeth was embarrassed to tell him that she was scared so she told him that she is going out. Lizabeth going through the windows she started running as if a monster was behind thinking of all the poverty, emotions and life. This reminded of me not long ago running outside thinking of all these bad things that happened and happening. Pretty much like Lizabeth I was very emotional.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment