(Exposition) Missionaries are all around the world. China, America, Korea, Africa and etc are full of missionaries that work for God. My parents were one of them in Shen Yang, China and with 3 kids, me being the last was living in a small apartment. China was one of those countries that didn't welcome missionaries and knowing that my parents had to always be careful on whatever they do.
(Rising Action) It was 2008 June the month of my birthday and the month of vacation! Sunday came and I went to Church as usual. After church I had to meet up with my parents so I went to the place and they weren't there. I called both of them like a trillion times but they won't answer. I start to get really worried and I call again and again, but there was no result other then they didn't answer. I gave up and decided to get some sleep because there was a really comfty sofa there. After sleeping for awhile I get a call from my mom and answering this call wasn't that pleasant but anyway I did. My mom talked to me in serious voice to come home and I thought to myself did I do something wrong but that wasn't it. My parents were caught by the police right in the spot doing missionary work. They went to the police and was investigated and wasn't found guilty yet. My parents had to go to the police quite a long time and during the investigation I stayed with my friend and slept there.
(Climax)July, 16, Wednesday, my parents went to the cops and they said to leave in 7 days. It was that night when I heard this and I was pretty shocked but wasn't terrified. Thinking of all the memories that I've spent in China, I got really sad and depressed but that was it, dont know why.
(Falling Action) We had to move to Korea and go to a international school which became TCIS.
(Revolution) For one year until now attending TCIS was pretty exciting for me and now I'm a freshman in TCIS Highschool. :)
Description of Conflict: The conflict in this story would be my parents and the cops. I didn't really mention in the story but my dad and other church people was really mad at the cops. They had some serious fights which wasn't that wise. The conflict made situations worse and I realized having a conflict isn't really helpful. On the contrary, conflicts could build up love and help us gain knowledge in society.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

The conflict you describe sort of shows in your retelling of the story. I can tell why you included other details, but in some ways I needed to see more of the conflict building up in the rising action for the climax to make sense. Nonetheless, I can tell that you have a basic understanding of plot structure.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this story. That would certainly have been a memorable experience and one that probably gave a deeper understanding of what it means to share your faith!