Monday, November 30, 2009

"Where I am From" By Ji In Kim

I am from shadows,
from knives and scissors.
I am from brick mountains
that can kill kilometers of people.
I am from rain,
that slide down my cheeks.

I am from the skies,
where I get care and sighs.
I am from foot steps,
of all the secret I kept.

I am from buildings,
that give satisfaction of my buyings.
I am from bags,
that have books giving sags.

Under my external,
was a torn internal.
Burn in to ashes,
that turned in to flowers.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! you're from knives and scissors? I like that line. It's interesting and it makes me want to know more about what you're saying with that line. I think my favorite line is the first one: I am from shadows. It really sets the mood for the entire poem. I also like the last line: Burn in to ashes, that turned into flowers. Good job using imagery~

    ReplyDelete